Skip to main content

How Honest Are We With Our Leaders?





by Rajoo Sinnappan

With election coming around soon and the amount of issues being pressed forward for political mileage, leaders are popping out like mushrooms after rain everywhere. Instead of labelling them as leaders, I am more comfortable seeing them as personalities whom has concerns over the wellbeing of people. These personalities have always been there, but their progress is indeed measured by how many people like them and dislike them. Yes. They necessarily not be efficient, smart and good.

They can be inefficient, dumb and bad and still rise up the ranks. In the Malaysian political system, your rise in the Political Party Ladder determines your chances to take up public office. The relevance of a political party is further determined by their performance in General Elections. I know a political party that claims to serve the people because that’s what they believe so but the actual truth is if the political party reps fail to secure any seat this time around, they can actually close shop and find better things to do. Anyway, they are busy up the hill right now. Let’s not get into their way.

What I always question myself with these personalities is how do they see politics. Each of us have a particular view over an issue. I see politics as a marketplace of ideas. Ideas that would drive us forward, raise the bar for community advancement, establishment of Human Values within the community and further accelerate the economy of a particular community. 

But probably not everyone sees it as I do and I can’t blame them. They might have only seen much to have opinions that differs mine. Probably someone might have exchanged different opinion that sounds right to them. But often these individuals forget that their biggest commodity to stay afloat is us, the people. Instant fame, authority and cash flow at times is able to blind an individual.
How many of us actually voice out on ineffective leaders whom are suddenly blinded? How honest are we with our leaders?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wish I Was Born Bumiputra Or Chinese

by Navinn Rajendran 29 years I have been a Malaysian Indian. I have never felt distressed as I feel right now. I never wanted to feel such but here I am, feeling why I were born a Malaysian Indian. I have live amongst the lowest environment and the highest. I know how it feels like to be a makkeh and also to have standard and I am totally aware of how much both worlds have their own battles. I am tired of how much another Indian wants to take advantage of every single thing available. Some might call it smartness. I would call it Etche Putthi (Low Mentality). Whom I know matters more then who I am. How I do matters more then what has to be done. Bank balance matters more than far sightedness. I don’t fear breaking in anymore. I fear burglar raping my sister. If there were three alleys and each had a group of Indians, Malays and Chinese, any Indian girl would feel safe walking in any of the alleys except the Indian one. We fear telling our parents who we love and we are...

10 Reasons a Malaysian Indian is a Gangster.

by Navinn Rajendran 1. Feeds on FEAR. This is definitely true for all gangsters in this world. They feed on the fear people have on them. Their sustainability is based in the fear and if someone else were to challenge and succeed on it, the fear shifts and hence we have a new self-made so called peoples champion. The day people are not fearful, gangsters lose their currency to sustain. 2. Brain Malfunctions at SCHOOL. Most of the thugs have successfully not finished school. And the main reason given is because they couldn’t study. The fact is that they were just not interested to study or no one cared to show and highlight the importance of education. The truth is that we live in a world that banks highly on paper qualification to be able to secure a stable job. Without finishing high school, dropouts sometimes expect to be offered high paying job equivalent to a medical doctor.  3. Family BREAKDOWN. Parents just don’t care about anything but themselves. ...

The Razif Case by Navinn Rajendran

A post has been going viral over at social media over a young boy being highlighted by an individual named Razif Rawter making a statement over the state of a 15 year old Malaysian Indian. Many claims were put forth by Razif over the boy’s situation without verifying the facts.  *Razif was too emotional over the state of the boy that he reacted immediately?* This is not true. Razif posted this issue the day after he helped the boy. He had ample of time to seek verification.   *Razif didn’t know where to seek clarification?* This is not true. If Razif can have an opinion on MIC, he should have had the knowledge to seek clarification. *Was Razif’s opinion on MIC right?* He was right probably if it was 5 to 10 years ago. Now the whole system has been revamped. The way things work in MIC is different and the present time. A simple layman’s observation will say so. Every portfolio for Indian Development is under the Prime Ministers Department. Gone are th...